It's been about a month so here is what I have been doing:
1. Attending the Association for Jewish Studies meeting in Washington. This starts to feel less and less like a conference and more and more like a reunion.
2. Saying good-bye to Philadelphia friends.
3. Relocating self and family back to Pittsburgh.
4. Unpacking boxes.
5. Saying hello to Pittsburgh friends.
6. Continuing to be out of touch with most of our NY, Boston, New Haven, Indianapolis, Chicago, California friends.
7. Enjoying the little stove-top espresso maker that our Italian tenants left us (really they left it for me since I'm the only coffee-drinker in the family).
8. Getting ready for the start of the semester.
9. Going to Pittsburgh Housing Court. Let me put it his way: The citation was dismissed because I did get the alarm permit after receiving the summons in the mail and I explained to the judge that I hadn't known about the ordinance before that. But a word of advice: if you are reading this and you have a burglar alarm in your house in Pittsburgh, and you don't have an alarm permit, google "Pittsburgh Alarm Permit" right now, fill out the application, and save yourself some hassles.
8. Starting the semester: 2 classes and undergraduate advising.
9. Updating the links to other blogs on the sidebar.